Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/365 I have conquer the begining of a new year


How many of you are sitting there waiting for that magic remedy to take care of your hurts? How many are taking so many pills to try to diminish your pain? How many of you are taking other pills to take care of the side affects that come with taking those magic pills that are supposed to help you heal. Let me tell you not long ago I was there with you. feeling lost, confused, and helpless. I didn't see an end to the vicious cycle. i would look around and  see that a lot of my family and friends were in the same boat. By the Grace of God I was introduced to Juicing and its healing properties. My life took a 180 degree turn.


I made the decision a few days ago to do another juice cleanse. Why? you ask well I have not reached my health goals. There is two groups on facebook I am part of: Juicing 101 with Steven Robalino & January 2013, Juicy Judi's "juicing only" challenge group. People from all over the world have made a commitment to make a change for their health. This gives me the support I need to do this. I am not alone in this journey. We are all learning from each other. My last fast lasted 20 very successful days. For the most part I have tried to stay on a plant based diet. I have managed to keep the weight I lost during that fast. I have not felt deprived, or hungry. quite the opposite. I have a bigger selection of food I eat on a daily basis. I have made substitutions for dairy,eggs, meats. I am making better choices on sea food.

I do not compromise on our health. which means we have more home made meals, we pick and choose where we eat when we are out. We pack a lunch bag with snacks and drinks when we are out and about. I make bigger meals, separate and store for days that are busy and hectic. There is a lot of planning, more organizing but I can honestly tell you we are seeing the changes in our health.

My husband has been doing a 20oz green juice almost every day for the past three months. He is eating a lot more green vegetables, took wheat and most gluten off his diet, we have Quinoa, forbidden rice (black rice), we use Coconut oil, Extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil, Nutritional yeast, Have cut down his egg intake (using egg replacer, he does not know and has not noticed the change).  The changes have been done very slowly and yes some with out his knowledge. He is starting to notice the changes in his body. Some are very small but they are improvements and at the end of the day that is the goal. Will he ever do a juice fast with me? not sure, he has been surprising me since the day I met him. No reason why he could not surprise me on this as well.

Our Monthly food bill has increased in some ways but in many it has decreased. The money I would have spent on restaurants, sweets, Junk food is no longer used for that. I am making most of our snacks in the Dehydrator. Making Vegan and Vegetarian dishes which cost so much less. We are not spending money in Doctors visits or medication as we were before.

So I guess what I'm saying is this change is working for us. Even if my husband won't fully admit it, he is willing to try, which makes me very blessed.


After all of that, I'll tell you a little about my first day of the Year...I did my first 5 miles of the year. It was not the fastest walk but I was moving (hoping that in a few months I'm able to start jogging). I was out in the cold air with a huge smile on my face. Hydrated with 32oz of lemon/cayenne water. Took a short nap in the middle of the day. Had a late lunch 26oz of Happy Green Juice ( I refuse to add meanness to my body, normally the green juice its called "mean green juice") I'm drinking my dinner as I type away.


I have felt a few symptoms of the detox: A few aches and pains,Have not felt hungry or deprived, a little more tired than usual ( a good nap took care of that quick). One trick I learned on my last juice fast was to make sure I kept my Juice very close by when cooking my husband's dinner.  I can say today has been a very successful day.






Almost forgot...One new thing I started today was a Blessings Jar. I could not find a bigger. My label says: 2013 I'm so going to conquer you...
  • God's Winks
  • Daily Blessings
  • Accomplished Goals
  • Answered Prayers
  • Followed God's word
closed with a scripture Matthew 5:16 
Something to keep you motivated through out the year.. on the last day of the year you open the jar and read through all the blessings you were showered with..... I Pray your first day of the year was a Blessed one...... Join me on this challenge make a healthy choice every day. go for a walk around the block, east more fruit and veggies, drink more H2O, drink less caffeine..... one small choice at a time..... 21 days of doing something becomes a habit! Blessings Idalia G.

No comments:

Post a Comment